Did you mean: 

The next windows programme

N/A

Does anybody no when the next windows is cuming out. Cool
7 REPLIES
N/A

"microsoft longhorn" as it is code named is due for release in late 2005, however microsoft will no dout hold this back till at least summer 2006 so stick with XP for now. Long horn is a total rework, and is said to install from a 800meg CD to a final size of 2.4 gig.

There is an Alpha copy that you can get from microsoft for testing, but it is totaly unstable (heh i hope they fix that) and is not worth the trouble

there is some info on this on google somewhere.. cant remeber the link however.
N/A

All the details of the o/s are here

http://msbetas.net/V6/?category=13

I have run the betas and so far it just looks like XP. It is supposed to under up running on SQL file system.
N/A

Reason i ask is that. I am hopefully geting a new pc 4 xmas and as xp seem 2 have been out 4 2 years in january 2004. I have always thought that microsoft bring out a new windows every 2 years. And me buying a pc days from january seem silly. But thanks 4 that guys
Community Veteran

They are pretty random about when they bring out a new windows or make any major updates mainly due problems that delay the release, as was the case win win98 that should have come out in 97.

Win95, Win98 and then ME in 2000.

NT4 in 96, Win2k in 2000 and Win XP in 2002.

Chris
N/A

Remember, they brought out there new server OS this year called, Windows 2003.

I wouldn't recomend this as a desktop though. So you could certainly class the 2 year principle correct.

MS have a range far bigger than just Desktop OS's
Community Veteran

I completely forgot about 2k3 server, there are certinaly a few variants in this range but they are esentially the same from what I can see. I've not had to opotunity to use this yet.

Chris
N/A

win2k3 server was supposed to be released in 2002 however there was a major idea in MS to make it basicaly unhackable and thus when they found a glarring hole in the code they went and recoded it .. so it was held back over 10 months Sad

and if you get a decent PC at Xmas it should be able to run Longhorn.. unless they build it to 64BIT standards then we are all screwd Sad as we would have to get new mobo's and proccessors etc

Andy