cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Temp::: Probs!!!

N/A

Hi,

Kinda related to my other post, well ive just built my new system, 3200+ Barton, 512k of ram, well my pc keeps rebooting itself and doing funny stuff i thought it was the ram or summat up somewhere, well i think its my temp as its when i play games for about 10min, i dont think its my CPU Temp, but my case Temp, ive got this program and it shows , CPU , & , Case, well when i got chucked out of my game i saw case temp well over 60c, What can i do about this and what is the case temp, Motherboard? as i have the side of my case right now so cant be that surely...Thanks
5 REPLIES
N/A

Have you checked your machine for viruses, trojans and spyware as these could also cause your machine to re-boot without warning.

It could be a memory issue, have you upgraded your memory recently?

AMD Machines and processes are known to run much hotter than Intel based machines, you can cool them down by adding additional fans. Did you build this machine yourself or did you buy it fully assembled?

Aaron
Community Veteran

You need to get your other issues sorted out (in your other thread here) before looking at this. It could still be a hardware problem.

You also need to add additional cooling and more importantly run with the covers ON to see what temps you get to - the setup you now have will run much hotter that your previous setup. Sounds like you don't have enough fans in the case and the CPU heatsink you have is either not suitable for the barton or you have not put the correct thermal greese between it and the CPU - did the heatsink come with the processor or did you buy it yourself. If bought separately, what did you buy and did you make sure it will work with a barton XP3200+. Also if the heatsink had a thermal pad and you have removed the heatsink without replacing the pad (or using proper thermal greese in it's place ) then that will explain the high CPU temps. You should use something like arctic silver III or IV.
N/A

I think i have sorted the problem out in the other thread, i think its to do with the temp aswell, when i run my board at 333FSB the temp is ok, and the system doesn't reboot all the time, and its kinda stable, but as soon as i up it to 400FSB 3200+ the temp goes off the scale and system reboots and is totally unusable. Huh Any suggestions, at the moment im running 333FSB 2500+ 512k pc2700 as my memory is 2700 not 3200 i was ripped at the computer fair.
N/A

Just a little pointer lol You have 512MB not 512k lol

How do you know you have PC2700 and not PC3200?

Running at 400FSB will of course be hotter than 333FSB so thats why your temps are higher and you have stability problems.

I think you should be looking at your heaksink and fan.....Has it been installed correctly? What has it been rated for?

Your case temp should NEVER be anywhere near 60c What program are you using to check this? That temp will more likey be your cpu temp.

Just for comparison, my 2500+ mobile chip clocked at 3200+ (2.41mhz) is running 42c cpu and 28c case.
Community Veteran

Right this is getting awfully confusing with 2 different threads running on the same subject and answers appearing in both of them.
I am locking this thread. can any more replies please be directed to the other thread here