Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Telephone REN Booster

shermans
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Telephone REN Booster

Does anyone know anything about REN boosters ? I have just acquired an old BT 746 model telephone with dial. I have re-wired it to work on the current telephone system. It is purely sentimental / decorative, but I like the old fashioned look and ring !!

However, it will not ring with all my other phones connected because I exceed (by a big margin) the REN 4 limit already. I am thinking of buying a REN booster therefore, but I am not sure how they are wired.

Question

I assume there is a BT plug on one end which plugs into a BT socket, and that all other extension sockets are wired from the booster. But are the extensions hard wired INSIDE the booster itself, or does each extension wire plug diectly into the booster using an RJ11 or some similar plug ? In other words, is the booster simlar in concept to a router with sockets for extensions, or is it more like an electricity junction box ?

Any info would be appreciated. I want to do a professional job, and a whole lot of individual plugs sounds a bit DIY to me !
2 REPLIES
Njal
Grafter

Telephone REN Booster

psk10
Grafter

Telephone REN Booster

These BT ren boosters work fine mines about 6 years old never had a problem with it ,it,s is a bit fidderly wiring it up and needs connecting to the 1st incoming socket .