cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spyware/Adaware

psk10
Grafter

Spyware/Adaware

With the ever increasing amount of Spyware about i wonder if it,s worth changing to Adaware Plus Pro ,iv had Spyware Doctor for about 2years now which needs renewing ,i also run occasionally Spybot ,but i find that Adaware Se usually tracks and finds any on my Pc .i was not impressed with Microsoft Anti-Spyware i went on a site that i knew was riddled with spyware all the rest detected it, Microsoft did not .I wonder which is the best program to use ,im at present using Norton Internet Security 2005 which has not got Spyware protection compared to the 2006 which does have it but how good it is i dont know ,Anyone got any thoughts on the matter?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Spyware/Adaware

use adaware and sypbot for removing adware they are both free and they will get 99% of all teh spyware off your pc
N/A

Spyware/Adaware

You are looking at catching the horse once its escaped. The better approach is to stop the horse escaping.

To start instal the free startup monitor from
http://www.mlin.net/StartupMonitor.shtml

This will stop any new spyware inserting its self into any startup location which stops 90% of the problems before they start. Try inoclutating your pc with

http://camtech2000.net/Pages/Spyware_Inoculator.html

There are other good products like winpatrol which will catch thing before they get going and worth running
psk10
Grafter

Spyware/Adaware

I have used the progam since the 18 th Dec and found on running a Spybot scan my pc was full of Spyware some very difficult to remove even speaking to the firm in the US proved as useless as the program , A total waste of money,i would advise everyone to stay well away from Spyware Inoculation.
I read the latest copy of Webuser they had a feature on Spyware and a software Program they recommended was,www.trendmicro.com
I downloaded a 30 day trial and it got rid of all the nasties ,178 of them .
Even Spybot &Adaware could not get rid of them but Trendmicro found them all and cleared them ,The best Spyware remover iv found .