cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Splash (bootup) screen!

N/A

Splash (bootup) screen!

Can some please tell me how to remove the annoying Packard bell splash screen that comes on for a few seconds during the start-up process!

Thanks in advance...
6 REPLIES
N/A

Splash (bootup) screen!

You probable need to enter the BIOS by pressing either F1,F2 or DEL. In the advaced options area you will find that your PC will be set to "Fast Boot" or something similar. Turn this option off and it should get rid of the splash screen.
holdtight
Grafter

Splash (bootup) screen!

The splash screen may be embedded into the bios, sometimes they are and there will be no option to turn it off if this is the case and therefore you could be stuck with it
it does depend a lot on how old your system is and which bios it is using
N/A

Splash (bootup) screen!

It's not the Bios! as I had this problem before but I can't remember what I did to cure it; or the name of the file to delete...This has happened because I did a complete re-install.
holdtight
Grafter

Splash (bootup) screen!

In that case it could be an image file that is likely to be in the "C:\windows\ system32" folder if its xp or "system" if its 98/me and could have various names (been a long time since i had to find one) try a search for " logo or oem logo" which might be saved as jpg - gif - bmp

you could try manually going through the folder looking at all the image files within
and you will find it, it is safe to just delete.
rja66
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Splash (bootup) screen!

If your using Windows '98/ME i think the file you need to ammend/delete is the 'logo.sys' file found in the C:\ directory. (if you cant see this file you may need to select the option 'show hidden files & folders' in your folder options in 'My Computer')

Hope this helps.
N/A

Splash (bootup) screen!

Sorted...I used Tweak UI - Logon/settings and wallpaper!

Thanks for your input.