cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Speedtouch 330 adsl modem trouble

N/A

I just bought the speedtouch 330 today as my old modem was not working.

Whilst I was installing the software I got a windows 2000 driver error even though I am using windows xp. http://photobucket.com/albums/v233/prong/?action=view&current=modemproblem.jpgThe setup then continued but then when I inserted the modem windows found new hardware but the speedtouch software said that there is no adsl modem connected.

I tried uninstalling and trying again but this time windows doesn't even recognise the hardware. Is there a way to solve this?

Thanks.[/url]
3 REPLIES
craigbrass
Grafter

Well firstly, in future can you link to large images rather than posting them into posts please.

With regards to the windows 2000 error, that wouldn't suprise me as XP is built of the 2000 framework and XP and 2000 prolly use the same drivers.

Was your old modem a speedtouch modem by any chance? If so remove that driver + your new modem driver and pull out the modem. Then reboot your machine, install the driver and plug in the modem after it is successful.

If that does not work, I notice you have alot of stuff installed on your computer that would appear to be loading up at boot, one of these programs could be interfereing with the installer for the drivers.
N/A

Sorry about posting the large picture. I have got it sorted now, the software thatr came with the modem must have been faulty and a friend reccommended me http://www.speedtouch.com/download/drivers/webUpgrade_Windows_USB_R3.0.1.5.zip that and I installed that software and it worked. SO if anyone has anyone problems installing a speedtouch 300 use that.

And thank you for trying to help.
craigbrass
Grafter

Oh, sorry, in the screenshot you had the SpeedTouch site open in firefox so I assumed that you had downloaded the latest drivers and installing them.