cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Spam menace

N/A

Spam menace

Spam is now reaching epidemic proportions and is not only a nuisance for the user but also clogs up server space. Filters are of little use because we still have to handle the traffic. Utilities such as Mailbell are quite usefull as I can view and choose to delete messages from the server before downloading. However, this does not tackle the problem, the Spammer himself. What is needed it a server side filter that each user can "train" to recognise spam messages. This could build up a database to use to either bounce the messages back to the originating server or to present details to the police authority to track these pests down. ISPs should take more responsibillity to do something about this menace not just leave it to the user to try to block them on their computer.
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Spam menace

https://portal.plus.net/central/forums/viewtopic.php?t=52882

PNs spam filter system is a lot better than it was, do you have that enabled? While it does not actually delete spam emails yet (see above) it does mark them so making most of the decision for you. Its never 100% reliable as no rules based system will be plus the spammers are always two steps ahead of any new detection systems.

This is a world wide problem and PN have a lot more spam emails to deal with than the average Joe/Joanne (millions per day) and they are doing their best to detect and in the future remove spam before it gets to you.
psk10
Grafter

Spam menace

I use incredimail and recently bought their junk filter and its dramaticly reduce the spam in my inbox folder it puts straight in the junk box i check it and empty it in one go ,and got it at a reduced price as they,v a sale on at present ,and incredimail lets you create really good emails.

www.incredimail.com