cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Solwise SAR110 Router question

retep
Grafter

The router was purchased from Plusnet in March 2003 so I hope a few of you may still have one. I am just wondering if its slowing down my maximum connection speed. I am on MaxDSL and usually get 1.5Mb. The router is theoretical capable of 8Mb.

I know I may do better with modern hardware but equally it could be my line conditions holding me back to 1.5Mb - although my local cable supplier (from my post code) did say I should be getting about 3Mb from BT's cabling which makes me wonder.

Anyway if anyone is still using a SAR110 can you tell me what speed you get if you have MaxDSL or LLU.

If anyone gets more than 1.5Mb I will probably stick with the SAR110.
4 REPLIES
N/A

If you can report your line details from the router we could tell you more about it. We need to know connection speed snr margin and line att.

What may hold you back is your filters if they are old. New filter are much better on the high speeds as the old filters were made for only 512k. I bought new filters and it increased my snr from 6 to 16 which in turn gave me more speed. So you could try new filter but make sure they are the new standard 99p on ebay

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Dynamode-ADSL-Filter-Splitter-Broadband-MicroFilter-DSL_W0QQitemZ170054110014Q...
retep
Grafter

Thanks for the suggestion about the micro switches one of the two I use is an original from Plusnet and probably 2002 vintage.

I do run higher than 512Kb, usually 1.5Mb now but I accept the micro filter may degrade performance. I can get them locally for £1.76 so I will avoid e-bay, well worth a try at that price.

As I can't find my router documentation at the moment I will skip that side of your suggestion for the moment.

Thanks again

Peter.
N/A

to get stats
http://www.kitz.co.uk/adsl/frogstats.htm#anchor30

Telnet to the router IP address

or click --> 192.168.7.1
Logon with "DSL" and your password (default = admin).

at the $ prompt type: get dsl params

You are looking for:-
Local Line Atten(dB) & Local SNR Margin(dB)

Alternatively line stats can be found in the web interface under WAN > DSL > "DSL Param"

If you get a filter from another source make sure its to the new standard or it wont be much better
retep
Grafter

Line Stats are -

Local Line Atten(dB): 57.5dB
Local SNR Margin(dB): 22.0dB

Thanks again.