cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software for digi camcorder

Brickinit
Grafter

can anyone recommend a program to take images of a digi-camcorder and save it to a format so that it can be burned to a DVD and viewed on TV through a DVD player?
6 REPLIES
Midville
Grafter

I use Pinnacle V9 studio plus which I like, however if you are using windows how about Windows Movie Maker - which is not bad at all.
Brickinit
Grafter

i tried windows movie maker but it only saves in one format which don't appear compatable with dvd player
mossgrove
Grafter

Ulead DVD factory is good for building menus and actually burning the DVD, but its edit fuctions are a bit flakey. Build your scenes in Windows Moviemaker as small AVIs and then stich them together, add titles &c with DVD Factory.

If your Digi-cam has a wide screen option, you will need to experiment with the various output formats to avoid distortion.
Brickinit
Grafter

what formats does ulead dvd factory save as?
N/A

Sonic My DVD use windows movie maker to get from camcorder then use that one to convert and compile and write to dvd .I find it quite good .
mossgrove
Grafter

DVD Factory burns directly to DVD as mpeg4, but also allows you to save a disk image as a .iso. It can take input from .avi or .mpg files.