cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Software & Hardware problems - Outlook Express & CD

N/A

When I try to start Outlook Express I get the message that it could not start as MSOE.DLL could not be loaded
TO cut a long story short after trying to loaf the latest Real Player my Internet Explorer ( 6 ) would not run.
I installed IE 4 from CD and updated to IE 6 on the internet but as I was having problems (was it was explorer or outlook can't remember) I used the windows ADD / REPAIR to revert back to IE 4. Which is now working although every page has a script error message, but I can not use Outlook Express.
Right, I thought I will install from the CD again, but my CD reader has stopped working, it will not read from any CD's . It has been a bit difficult for some time - only reading from commercially produced CD's. Now when I put a CD in there are a few mechanical noises (as always) but not the whoosh ! as it spins up to the fast speeds. Has it died of old age or what?
Has any-one got any suggestions as to how to get Outlook working or about the CD
3 REPLIES
N/A

Are you using XP? you might be able to do a system restore, since quite few programs write a system restore point when installing.
N/A

No Windows 98 first edition
N/A

I think it's about time you upgraded your Operating System! Wink