cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Showing internet activity in system tray

Alecto
Grafter

I've just disposed of Zonealarm due to its Truevector repeatedly messing things up for me.
However, I liked the little red/green icon in the system tray that lit up to show me there was internet traffic (so it showed me if all my torrents had stopped for example).

Does anyone know pse if there is a feature of Win XP whereby something will light up in the system tray when there is internet traffic, or failing that what is the simplest program to run that will show this. I don't really want traffic monitors or anything complex (which is all I've found on Google), just something to light up and show there is activity. Tongue
2 REPLIES
N/A

I have Windows 2000 where you can go to [ontrol Pannel]--> [etwork and Dial-p Settings], right click your ethernet/connection, chose properties then enable "Show icon in task bar when connected".

This gives you an icon with two computer screen that "light up" when data is sent or rcvd. I have had to sort countless problems with XP and Zone Alarm... most cases seem to have McAfee thrown in for good measure.

i.e. XP + ZoneAlarm + McAfee = Nothing Works!

I would always suggest a NAT router with hardware Firewall.
Alecto
Grafter

Thanks GH, that's exactly what I wanted.
ps I do have a router with firewall :lol: