cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing my connection with my laptop?

N/A

Cant share my internet connection with my laptop. My laptop wont connect at all. I have pluged in da cross over cable configured it as it says and still no luck. I have done this b4 with my other pc which works
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Have you setup ICS on the main PC (not the laptop) to share the internet connection with your local network (which your laptop is on)?

Can you laptop ping the main PC and vice versa?

If you are running the free version of ZoneAlarm it does not support ICS connections?

If you have a firewall on the main PC try disabling it (or uninstalling it).

Some details about windows version, if you have any firewall software installed and what ADSL equipment you are using would help.
N/A

Also extreme17, bear in mind that although you may have an ethernet card PORT in the back of your laptop, like I do on my toshiba laptop, it may not be configured or connected.

If you have a PCMCIA port on your laptop it may be worth invessting in a pcmcia network card then plug your cross over cable into that.

Having said that, try what petervaughan has suggested first as it wont work either way if Internet connection sharing isnt enabled.

Good Luck
N/A

Ive tried everything so i am taking back the laptop thanks any way
N/A

Just tried 2 take my laptop back and they wont take it back so i am stuck we a laptop i cant network