cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sharing a network connection.

N/A

Okay i have just moved over from cable to adsl, can someone please tell me if i can share the network connection in my own p.c. so that the remaining p.c's in the house can access the internet via the one with the adsl modem.

I could easily share my cable network connection but since i switched over there doesnt appear to be an option to share the adsl connection.

All p.c's in the house are running XP Professional.

Tia

Duncan

P.s. i should have said that the main p.c. has an extra nic card which connects to an external hub in which the other p.c's connect to.
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

What ADSL equipment are you using make/model and how is it connected?

Were you using ICS (internet connection sharing) when you were connected to cable to allow your other PCs access to the internet?

I assume you have just replaced the cable modem with an ADSL modem. If so there should be no difference in using ICS to share your ADSL connection with the other PCs
N/A

I have a Binatone Adsl 500 USB modem.

My cable modem was RJ45 via the onboard Nic - i had a secondary Nic card installed which wen to the the external hub which the other p.c's connected too.

And yes i was using ICS before - have switched back to my cable for now until i can get the adsl connection shared.
Community Veteran

So you had a USB connection plus 2 nic cards. When installed the USB modem, did you also reconfigure ICS to use it rather than the nic connected to your cable modem.

Also try removing the nic yiu connect your cable modem 2 so you only have 2 network devices then remove and reconfigure ICS for the USB network connection.