cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Share internet connection with xbox

N/A

Hi,

Yesterday my xbox live was working fine but today i cant share the internet with the xbox through the cross over cable. Please can anyone help me?
3 REPLIES
N/A

Assuming the cable is ok. On the pc goto start/run type cmd then in the box type ipconfig /all
This will give you the pc's ip address and subnet somthing like 10.0.0.1 subnet 255.255.255.0

go onto the xbox and set its ip to be the same as the pc +1 on the last number. So in the above example the xbox would be 10.0.0.2. The subnet is set the same as the pc. The set the default gateway to the ip of the pc. It should then work fine. You may have had it set to dhcp which means if the pc isnt on when you turn the xbox on it may not get an ip.

Doing it this way you wont have a problem
N/A

It might be worth considering getting a router, as this will save a lot more of the hassle as well. You can simply plug in your xbox, forward the required ports and away you go.
LiamM
Grafter

Just to note, I don't forward any ports to my Xbox from my Netgear DG834G and it works perfectly fine... So it's even simpler!

But yeah, Aaron is dead right... It's a lot easier, your main PC needn't be turned on and your connection will stay active.