cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server Error in '/' Application - IE6 & Netscape Message

N/A

Server Error in '/' Application - IE6 & Netscape Message

Just wondered if anyone could help. I've got a few hotmail accounts of which only one has the free access to outlook express. I used to simply have Firefox, IE6 and Netscape set to open up directly to the individual inboxes. I have no idea if I've done something but IE6 and Netscape both dispay the heading above. Firefox continues to work ok but I'd like to get IE6 and Netscape working again. I've reinstalled both progs to no avail and my system, running XP SP2 is fully up to date with all fixes.

The message in full reads:

Server Error in '/' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Runtime Error
Description: An application error occurred on the server. The current custom error settings for this application prevent the details of the application error from being viewed remotely (for security reasons). It could, however, be viewed by browsers running on the local server machine.

Details: To enable the details of this specific error message to be viewable on remote machines, please create a <customErrors> tag within a "web.config" configuration file located in the root directory of the current web application. This <customErrors> tag should then have its "mode" attribute set to "Off".

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="Off"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Notes: The current error page you are seeing can be replaced by a custom error page by modifying the "defaultRedirect" attribute of the application's <customErrors> configuration tag to point to a custom error page URL.

<!-- Web.Config Configuration File -->

<configuration>
<system.web>
<customErrors mode="RemoteOnly" defaultRedirect="mycustompage.htm"/>
</system.web>
</configuration>

Any guidance would be much appreciated.