cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scanning

ian-g

Scanning

Hi,
I am using windows xp ;SP2 and need some help. I want to scan a document onto my PC,using a Epson RX 420 all in one printer and then open it in Microsoft word. I then want to change some of the text on this document when i open it.

Hoping someone can help,
Ian.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Scanning

You need a program that can convert the text it sees in the scanned document to actual words that can be manipulated in ta word processor.
Most scanners will come with this software as part of the install process so you should be looking for a text recognition program that will allow you to do this.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Scanning

Unfortunately the Epson combined printer scanner doesn't normally come with any OCR (Optical Character Recognition)software.
Njal
Grafter

Scanning

You could try:

http://www.simpleocr.com/

Regards,

Neil
N/A

Scanning

i remember getting a freeware ocr package a number of years ago via one of the usual download sites (download.com, tuscows.com, etc) and i thought it was pretty good.

i used ocr on occasion in my previous job, and ocr software has come on in leaps and bounds since.

though you still have to read the output carefully, the likes of "rn" can be scanned as "m" and an uppercase "o" can be reads as a "zero". formatting isn't always great - but if you know m$ word, you'll have no problem sorting that.
ian-g

Scanning

Thanks very much for everyones help.