cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SatNav software on a PDA

N/A

SatNav software on a PDA

Does anyone know of Satnav software for a PDA that includes North and South Ireland, preferably down to street level :?:
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

SatNav software on a PDA

Your question would be better posed on http://www.pocketgpsworld.com/ forums.

I believe Mapopolis does. But please check first.

Mapopolis can be downloaded from;
http://www.mapopolis.com/

The software is free, you purchase the maps. There are 10 day demo maps available to try before you buy.

I am not sure about any of the other packages.
(I use Mapopolis)

Chilly
Community Veteran

SatNav software on a PDA

I personally can't stand Mapopolis (no offence Chillypenguin) Smiley ...Thehanlons, which PDA do you have?

Thomas
Community Veteran

SatNav software on a PDA

No offence taken, I can understand your point of view.

I must say the more I use it the better it gets, but it has taken some getting use to.
N/A

SatNav software on a PDA

I personally can't stand Mapopolis (no offence Chillypenguin) Smiley ...Thehanlons, which PDA do you have?

Thomas

I don't have one yet.....currently looking at different ones....
Community Veteran

SatNav software on a PDA

Right...

That's quite good actually, because there's a good bundle deal available at the moment, where you get a PalmOne Tungsten|E, plus all the equipment you need for in-car satellite navigation (though it doesn't have to be used in-car), along with England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland maps, for €429, which is approx. £285 at the current exchange rate. Considering what you get, that's good value... some satellite navigation packs are more than that and they don't include the PDA!

More information is available here and here.

I have to admit I have no experience with the satellite navigation side of things, but I do know alot about PDAs in general (having used them for several years), so let me know if you have any questions.

Thomas