cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAGE customer forums

N/A

SAGE customer forums

I'm not sure if this is right place to post this query but I wonder if anyone can help.

I use SAGE line 50 for my accounts. Does anyone know of a user group? SAGE will sell me a service contract (well they would!!!) but I just want simple advice to simple questions.
4 REPLIES
N/A

SAGE customer forums

like what? We used to use it at work. If i can help, i will.
N/A

SAGE customer forums

Thanks smithclan.

1. how can I delete dead customer files which are no longer needed. My files are clogged with suppliers with whom we have not done business for years but I cannot delete them. Similarly with customers some of whom we have done business only once and that some years ago. Do I need to archive first then delete?

2. some customers change their names. I can change the name in the record but how can I change the shortened codename? If I want a new shortened name do I need to set up a new customer file?
N/A

SAGE customer forums

Hi Stewart,

Deleting the records can be acheived by opening the customer/supplier record (double click the entry) and at the bottom of the window you should see a delete key (V.8 + V.10) Click that one.

Re the customer / supplier record number. That can't be deleted. You must create a new record.

Hope this is of help.

Mark
N/A

SAGE customer forums

Thanks smithclan

the step I had been missing was to 'clear audit trail' in the Tools menu. Once I did this I can delete using the method you describe. The SAGE help function is useless when it comes to this . Regular users can give this simple explanation but SAGE want to be paid for something which should be obvious.

Many thanks