cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Runtime error with MS Outlook XP

N/A

When i open up MS Outlook XP an error message appears forcing the program to shut down; "Runtime error" "This application has requested the Runtime to terminate in an unusual way. Please contact applications support team"

I have recently installed Norton Internet Security 2005, prior to this MS outlook functioned OK.

Can anyone assist with this error ?

Regards
Andy
10 REPLIES
N/A

N/A

Hi Buzzons,

What does thunderbird do, and will it reolve my issue, as i want to keep the Norton internet security software running on my PC.

Regards
Andy
N/A

Thunderbird is alternate e-mail client, it's very good but it won't actually fix your issue directly but by switching to another e-mail program you won't suffer this problem.

Have you tried the repair option within outlook? it's under the help tab.

Aaron
N/A

It will fix the problem totaly, it will give you a better, more stable, more secure email client. Therefor problem solved.

And Gadget I'm upset that you even think that the repair button will do anything!

buz
N/A

thanks for your help both of you, i will try the repair button. As i use Oulook both at work and home, and do not really want to use to seperate email programs

Regards
Andy
N/A

So get your company to change ^_^, I can see why it would be a problem, but you should try it out at least, just to see what you are missing out on.

Buz
N/A

i shall give thunderbird a go !!
N/A

yay!
N/A

Good Old Symantec...............

The problem with these AV products is there wanting to integrate with everything .

One option would be to ditch Norton and get another product which has not been bought from company merger.

The insert below is from the Norton Support WEB site.........

Also ensure Office XP is upto the latest service pack as there was/are som eissues with office XP.

Error: "Runtime Error Visual C++: \Outlook.exe, Abnormal program termination" after installing Norton AntiSpam or Norton Internet Security

Situation:
When you first open Outlook after starting your computer, you see the following error message:

"Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\Outlook.exe
This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way. Please contact the application's support team for more information."

If you restart Outlook without rebooting the machine, Outlook will work normally with no error messages.

Solution:Symantec is investigating this problem to determine a solution. This document will be updated when new information or a solution is available.

As a workaround, you may also set up Norton AntiSpam to stop integrating with Microsoft Outlook.

To stop Norton AntiSpam from integrating with Microsoft Outlook

Open Norton AntiSpam:
In the stand-alone version, on the Windows taskbar, click Start > Programs > Norton AntiSpam > Norton AntiSpam.
If Norton AntiSpam is installed as part of Norton Internet Security, on the Windows taskbar, click Start > Programs > Norton Internet Security > Norton Internet Security. Once Norton Internet Security starts, click Norton AntiSpam on the left side of the window.
Click Options.
If prompted, select Norton AntiSpam from the menu.
On the left-hand menu, click Client Integration.
Under "Select the email client(s) with which you want Norton AntiSpam to integrate," uncheck Outlook.
N/A

Thank you Holkham for this info. I have unselected the Antispam.

Regards
Andy