cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Running Adobe Reader from CD

N/A

Has anyone managed to create a working solution to creating a cd containing pdf's and running reader from the cd to open them?
5 REPLIES
N/A

Just reading your query regarding running adobe from cd, I had not given it a thought before.

I had some blank cd's in front of me, so, using Ahead Nero I simply copied the opened adobe folder that I had installed on to CD.

Then clicking on to the cd then adobe on the cd and it seemed to run perfectly

Harry.g
N/A

Yes, thanks for that Harry - I found the same thing myself (plus a couple of web sites dedicated to this question) but the problem I have is then opening a pdf on the CD. I can run 'Reader' but adding in the file name in the command line generates a 'file not found' - I imagine that I am getting my syntax wrong somewhere.

The easy way out for me is to include an install distribution of 'Reader' but I was trying to be a little more 'elegant'.
N/A

The problem there is your system has allready got the installed registry keys needed to run the program correctly.

You will likely find that porting the CD over to a system without it installed may complain.

You would need a seperate "virgin" system on which to test your CD prior to use/distribution.

Are there any advanced features contained within your PDF docs?

There are a few readers about, and possibly one ro two that can be used on a disk portably.

The only thing is, many are not allowed to use some of the advaced features like forms and URL's within the docs.
N/A

Thanks Philip, I've already run uninstall before I tried it to test for this but I realise that this isn't at all a reliable way of doing it - why should Adobe be different to most other software houses and actually do a full uninstall Smiley

I can test for an installed 'Reader' from my application (Autoplay Media Studio - brilliant bit of software) so I think I'll end up just going with getting the end user to install it if it's not there.
N/A

Beleive it or not, Real are the only company (other that Microsoft providing the "format" command) that provide a true uninstall feature.

Allthough you can't activate it by default, it is installed wiht most of there products and is a simple case of running it from the command line.

Allthough I havn't look too deeply, have a quick look at this.
Multivalent