cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Router need one for sure this time

N/A

Right been looking at wireless routers and came across this.
Link 1
I want it for xbox live and connecting a couple of pcs to. I guess the other pcs need to have wi fi cards in them, or the usb things not to sure. But how would xbox live work Huh Would it have to be wired or somthingHuh If wireless is gonna be a problem i was looking at this wired one
Link 2

Any one give any comments on them

[Moderator's note by Liam Martin (martinfamily): Fixed links and truncated them to avoid page width being stretched.]
5 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

The DG834G is a brilliant router. I use it myself and have used it in a number of installations. I find it to be the most reliable and robust bit of kit I've touched. Slightly cheaper here tho.

With regards to XBOX Live wirelessly, you'll need a Wireless Bridge. Somethins like this will do the job well.
N/A

But i surpose i could use it wired for the meant time right Huh? Also my pc dont need to be on to play xbo xlive
N/A

You are right on both counts, extreme.

As Liam says, the Netgear kit is excellent. i couldnt sing its praises enough.
N/A

Thanks a lot with the info
N/A

Im looking at routers ATM too, the netgear one recomended above seems to be the going favorite.

http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?rb=7071713037&action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3... A linksys with similer spec was my second. I founf the wireless routers where only about 5 or 6 quid more than the wired only. For conecting xbox or pc's you can ether use a network cable, or get someting like this http://www.ebuyer.com/customer/products/index.html?action=c2hvd19wcm9kdWN0X292ZXJ2aWV3&product_uid=5... Theres some cheaper ones too.