Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Recording to DVD Large Family Video

Midville
Grafter

Can anyone help please;

I have a large file just over 4gb of the family over christmas, I would like to burn this onto dvd to free up hd space on my system. I use Nero 5.5 to 'burn' the clip, but it states it is too large and says something about 'udf' whatever that is.

Any ideas, thanks in advance.

Jason
4 REPLIES
N/A

You dont give enough detail. What format is the file in ie avi, mpg . Are you using a dual layer dvd recorder ?

I would first of all upgrade to nero 6 and this may solve the problem but if the file needs to be resampled it may then be larger than the dvd. You only option is to use somthing like pinaccle to edit the film and split it into 2 so it will go onto a dvd.

If it needs to be resampled it often gets a lot bigger, Nero express makes a good job of doing it(comes with nero) it may take several hours to do.
Midville
Grafter

Thanks for the reply, I cant shed too much light onto this as yet as I work away from home. I have got Pinaccle V9 and can 'burn' the film onto dvd, but I want to keep the whole data file from my Cam (MPEG I think just over 4gb).

I will look into upgrade to the new Nero, is Ahead Nero 6 Reloaded better than just Nero 6 ?!?

Thanks in advance......

Jason
N/A

I know this topic is 4 days old, but thought I'd reply since I have had and solved this problem myself.
You could either edit the clip so its under the 4gb limit, or encode the file using something like dr divx, then try using something like win dvd creater to burn it to dvd, there will be some loss of quality, But not enough to make any real difference.
Midville
Grafter

Thanks oni for that I will give it a go next time I am home.