cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Really slow torrent speeds

jmart
Grafter

I'm using bitcomet 0.89. If you select the torrent in the top window and select comment at the bottom left then forum-like postings appear. Taking a scroll through these will normally yield some new trackers. Now right-click the torrent, select properties, then advanced then copy&paste the trackers into the tracker list and hit OK. Voila!
20 REPLIES
bluejam
Grafter

Ever since I bought a router last year, my speeds on torrents have been really bad, if I'm lucky, and on a specific torrent site, and it's about 3am, I can get about 60kbps download. But most of the time it lingers between 1kbps and 10kbps.

I've tried the port forwarding thing countless times and in countless different ways using information from portforward.com and other sources. Nothing works.

I have a Belkin F5D7632uk4 802.11g wireless router. Short of buying a new router, I really don't know what else I can try.
N/A

Has the port forward worked? You can normally check this from website for the p2p. If it hasnt worked that would be your problem.

Try

http://whatsmyip.org/ports/
Community Veteran
Fixes: 8

That sounds like a problem with Plusnet not your router.

PN are throttling p2p traffic. Your getting the same rates as I do during the day and 60k speeds at night - just like me.

This isn't a router problem, it's PN.
I need a new signature... i'm bored of the old one!
Aterlatus
Grafter

Dunno what you're on about - I max out on torrents no problem.

It's more often down to either a bad port forward or incorrect settings in the torrent client (default settings tend to be a bit, well, rubbish).
N/A

I was previously with AOL and the torrent speeds were the same I downloaded a programme that was around 2gb and it took 6 days to complete so this news is nothing new to me.I think it depends on what setting the person your downloading it from and how many are downloading from the same person,but it is always slow
jmart
Grafter

Have you seen whether or not you can add more trackers to the torrent?
I only run my p2p starting @ 00:00 and i've seen it hit 500-600 kB/s on 2-3 simultaneous downloads. I kid you not.
N/A

goodness me last night I set a torrent to download from 00:00 untill 6:30 this morning it downloaded around 249mb of the file,Its just somthing i,ve got used to but if you know how to speed torrent up let me know i'd be most intersted
N/A

how do you add more trackers to the torrent?
N/A

thanks jmart.

i'll give this a try after midnight tonight lol (free usage)
i'll post in this topic how it runs.

thanks again most appreciated Cheesy
N/A

Hi jmart i was wondering if you could give me some advice on using bitcomet 0.89 i have downloaded it and selected 2 terrents to download but they are not starting up i have logged in under my user name the second light is green gut the third light on the bottom is greyed or yellow,i selected allow on norton internet security but it isnt amending the problem.I thought since you had this programme you would maybe know what the problem is

Thanks
jmart
Grafter

Have you setup port forwarding?

This has to be done to allow full speed d/loads.
N/A

yes i did that last night but still no joy i'm getting mixed up with my ip address at the minute so this could be the problem.

Can i delete bittorrent of my system now or does it run alongside bitcomet
jmart
Grafter

Choose one or the other - just your personal preference. If you have any current torrents in bittorrent open the torrent with bitcomet and choose resume. Apparently if the 3rd light is yellow NAT has to be setup on your router. linky.
jmart
Grafter

Also check this