Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quicktime conversion

jabb0
Grafter

Quicktime conversion

Hey guys,

does anyone know how i can convert a .mov file into something i can put on a CD and then put the CD into a DVD player (like the one u have in your front room)?

I have searched and been trying for hours but nothing.

PLZ help!!!

PS a windoze exe file would be nice.
5 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Quicktime conversion

Hi

There are quite a few vid converters about some free some not and a google search should have brought up loads

The one that i personally use for all my conversions is Radtools by bink video and i can highly recommend it as a very useful bit of kit

It will transfer your .mov files into more or less what you want within reason ie avi mpeg mpeg 2-4 and back again if you like

It does require some getting used to though but is quite easy once youve done a few so back up the files your working with first and have a good read of the docs

It is a windows exe and its also free

Bill.
jabb0
Grafter

Quicktime conversion

That was one which i had tried, but it only ever managed to get the sound converted and not the video.

i have seen this come highly recommended on a few occasions on my search.

if you would be so kind i would realy appreciate it if you could tell me the buttons you have pressed to get it to do the job.

I am at my wits end - and wonder why o why the folk who make digital cameras decided it would be sucha great idea to use a format which is not nativley supported on PC's, Macs, linux or DVD players.

thanx
Community Veteran

Quicktime conversion

holdtight
Grafter

Quicktime conversion

The first two links that Peters given you describe how to use rad very well and i cant really add any more to it

I did find that when i started using rad i had to experiment with the final output codec to get the best result bitrate and filesize you may have to do the same

If you still get stuck give us a shout
jabb0
Grafter

Quicktime conversion

kewl guys thanks alot.