cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query on behalf of my workmate

N/A

Hi

My workmate who has a Windows XP home edition machine is considering the possabiliy of transfering his VHS video collection to DVD.Not really familiar with Windows so I am wondering what gadgets and gizmos's are around to enable him to copy video to hard disc and then burn it to DVD (if there is anything that does'nt cost an arm and a leg).

I did think about about letting him have my old and now unused Pinnacle TV/capture card, but that has only really got composite video input which would take care of the video,but thought there maybe difficulties with the sound track.

So I thought I would ask here for any ideas or suggestions here.I could "Google" but as yet unsure as to what I am looking for.

Thanks in advance

Ian & Linda Jordan
3 REPLIES
N/A

Hi ,

Yes it can be done, and there are plenty of packages out there for converting the resulting file into a DVD, Nero do one for that conversion.

A TV Video card should be able to do the job, but sadly due to the nature of videos your never going to get the quality of recording that you would on a normal original dvd.

Aaron
Community Veteran

N/A

Thanks folks

I have established that the Pinnacle is not going to cut it........ and he needs to spend some money.

Ian & Linda Jordan