cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Psu???

N/A

Psu???

I am thinking of geting a new psu as i have a cheapish one which is to loud. I want a very silent one ( so basically i cant hear it ). Any one know any sites were they may sell sumert like this.

Cheers
11 REPLIES
N/A

Psu???

Err lots - Do a UK wide search on Yahoo or Google for silent PSUs this'll give you places like Kelkoo and NextagUK with supplier links. More direct try searches for Zalman, ThermalTake, CoolerMaster and Antec who will link to distributors - 'you pays for whats you get' so beware of cheap!!
N/A

Psu???

you get get up to a 350W silent PSU, totaly passive cooling, you can also get modder PSUs that have large 120MM silent fans, (however not totaly silent)

www.overclock.co.uk
www.overcloclers.co.uk

are a good place to look, as is www.ebuyer.co.uk
madswitcher
Grafter

Psu???

As well as the PSU, you have to look at the CPU cooler, plus any other moving parts as well.

Try to get a PSU/cpu cooler that give a noise rating of about 20 to 26dBA. This will be sufficiently quiet.

cheers, Mike
N/A

Psu???

water cool it Wink
N/A

Psu???

My processor cooler is a standed one you get with the amd 64 939 pin 3200. I dont really wanna change it. Thanks for the tips guys
N/A

Psu???

water cool it!!!

www.buzzons.co.uk/water

for some fun images of water cooling Wink
N/A

Psu???

Water cooling looks very fiddley. Nice what you have done there buzzons
N/A

Psu???

It takes a bit of effort but the rewards are well worth it Wink
N/A

Psu???

does it ever leak?
N/A

Psu???

no Smiley as you put gubille (spelling?) clips around all the connectors (those silver rigns you can see)

this tightens the seal hopefully stopping it leaking, of course you run a 48h leak test before installing components just to make sure

Buz
N/A

Psu???

Id probley have to get some one to do this to my pc as i aint got the time these days and it looks hard. How much does all that cost and i guess you can do some proper overlclocking