Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems Synchronising Time

RobDickson
Grafter

Hi guys,

I'm having problems synchronising the time on my PC with time.windows.com and time.nist.gov. I get an error saying that the peer is unreachable.

My money was on the PlusNet Broadband Firewall being turned on, even thought it says that it's off in my settings. I therefore raised a ticket (21687975), and was assured that my Broadband Firewall is indeed turned off, so this shouldn't be a problem. I have rebooted my router, to make sure that it has the correct Broadband Firewall settings. I have also tried disabling NIS.

This is happening on all PCs connected to the router, and I haven't changed any router settings recently.

Does anybody have any ideas?

Rob

[The problem is with work PCs, but this forum login is actually my home PlusNet account]
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I've had trouble with nist, plus of course it is a US based server
Try ntp1.npl.co.uk or uk.pool.ntp.org

paul
RobDickson
Grafter

I've never had problems with either of the default WinXP servers until PlusNet introduced the Broadband Firewall.

Thanks for the advice though, I'll give them a go tomorrow.
RobDickson
Grafter

I've tried using the servers that you mentioned, and they both work fine. time.windows.com and time.nist.gov still don't work though.

Annoyingly, it only seems possible to add one extra server to WinXP's list of time servers.

Thanks for your help.