cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with my desktop HELP.

N/A

I have run Spyware and cleared the computer. Problems (1) When I select a web page to view, the curser and web address keep blunking for up to 3 mins before the web address is accessed, used to be a couple of seconds. (2) When I open windows task manager it will not stay open keeps on minimizing to the taskbar? (3) When I open the the taskbar arrow bottom right of the screen , show hidden icons, the arrow keeps going in and out all the time. (4) When I go to switch of the machine, I go to start turn of machine and the system switches of without giving the usual 3 options? I am stumped, HELP. Also when I try and drag a window accross he screen I can only drag it fir a couple of centimetersHuhHuh
5 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Hi
A little more info is needed here to try and sort this out, what spyware program/s did you use and what exactly did it / they find and was anything deleted ?

if you cant remember what it was then the program should have saved a scan log as a text file within its folder use explorer to find it

Are you using an up to date anti virus program and have you done a full system scan also what operating system are you using ?
N/A

I have run AVG, the operting system is XP pro and is uptodate. The spywear is spyware stormer. I will post the log if I can get into my desktop.
holdtight
Grafter

Having done a little research into spyware stormer it seems that it could be a little suspect or just bad at what it does or more importantly does`nt do

download Hijack This
then create a new folder on your computer in my documents called Hijackthis and then Unzip it to that folder.
Then doubleclick the Hijackthis.exe.
Click the "Scan" button, when the scan is finished the scan button will become "Save Log" click that and save the log.
Go to where you saved the log and click on "Edit > Select All" then click on "Edit > Copy" then Paste the log back here in a reply
It may possibly show issues that need attention but most of what it lists will be harmless

I would also recommend downloading and running both these excellent programs Spybot search & destroy and Adaware making sure that you update both before running them and completely uninstall spyware stormer

Bill.
N/A

OK panic over, don't laugh. I have installed 2 keyboards because one is wireless and I have been doing some installs and the system can't see a wireless keyboard till xp is loaded. My grandson was using my headphones yesterday and put the headphones out of the way on my wired keyboard and the problem was a key being pressed all the time. Don't you just love e'm, he is only 3, I will get him to sort the problem out next time. Thaks for the time guys.
holdtight
Grafter

Glad you found the cause, little darlings are`nt they i have a boy of seven who`s going on seventeen and knows everything

I would still recommend uninstalling spyware stormer as it is suspect and installing the two i suggested which are both superb programs and are both free

Also microsoft anti spyware is free and worth a go too its still in beta but is solid and reliable and runs a real time scanner

Bill.