cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with Linksys WAG54G (ehternet router issue)

N/A

I have had a Linksys WAG54G router / wireless broadband adapter for a couple of years and have been very pleased with it.

Just recently - over the last few months - I began to notice a slowness when using an ethernet cable connection, but no similar problem with wireless connection.

Then the ethernet cable connection began to 'switch' on and off with endless messages telling me that cable was disconnected and then immediately reconnecting. This has got progressively worse. I have changed cables, ports on the router, reset the router to its factory defaults but this continues. I have the same problem connecting to a variety of computers, so it is obviously a problem with the router.

It does not happen with the wireless connection.

Any suggestions for fixing this or should I just give up and get a new wireless / ethernet router and, if so, which one ?
1 REPLY
N/A

I had the same problem few weeks ago with this router. I couldn't fix it either so gave up and bought a Netgear 834G instead.

The Linksys has a 3 year gurantee, I'll be contacting Linksys soon to have the router replaced and then keep it as backup.