cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Printer sometimes won't print in B&W

N/A

I am perplexed by my Canoni865 printer. It prints in colour but some balck & white documents come out blank, blank apart form underscores or other lines.

I have tried the tools to clean the nozzles etc and the test page comes out fine every time.

There are two balck ink tanks an both have ink and are located correctly in their holders.

I am not a "Techy" but I have uninstalled and reinstalled the printer drivers and MS Office, but I am loathe to reinstal Windows 2000.

Is there anythnhg else to consider before I reinstall Windows?

David
4 REPLIES
Denzil
Grafter

If the test page prints fine it suggests the printer itself is OK. Where have you got the drivers from that you reinstalled? If you haven't already done so then download the latest one from Canon's website. The one supplied with the printer won't necessarily be the latest version.
N/A

check the connection between the printer and the computer? the data may be gettin corrupted? have you got the most upto date drivers? if so, try an older set?
Community Veteran

What are these printouts that you're attempting to print? Are they just text, or are they graphics too?

Thomas
N/A

Thank you for your comments so far about drivers.

I will consider reinstalling the drivers that came with the printer and if that does not work, I will try downloading them.

The printouts are word documents with text only, spreadsheets with borders to cells (sometimes only the borders print), and publisher files that include graphics.

David