cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Plusnet upgrading/downgrading

N/A

I recently exceeded Plusnet's peak useage quota and decided to look for an upgrade that might give me more bandwidth.
I was on Plusnet's Easy Start tariff which is apparently not sold any more, so I looked at their Premium service which is exactly the same price, but gives me an extra 7Gb of peak time traffic.
Plusnet say that the difference between the two is that Premium now has anti-spam and anti-virus, but they're wrong, because Easy Start also has those facilities. When I asked them again, they admitted that I would also get the extra bandwidth with Premium.
Plusnet however, class this as a downgrade and charge a one off £14.99 for what is obviously a better service. How can they possibly call it a downgrade?

Regards,

Alan.
6 REPLIES
vic_newey
Grafter

I was under the impression that you only got charged if the new tarrif was at a lower price than the previous
N/A

That's what I would have expected, but they've decided that the new tariff is a downgrade, so they're charging me £15. I don't mind the one-off too much, but it's the principle of the thing. :!:
Community Veteran

I agree with Vic.

I would tell them that you are not prepared to pay it,
and that they should either/or/and use their discretion/common sense, and change your account type without charge.
vic_newey
Grafter

Interestingly, I downgraded from Premier to PAYG inc. 8 meg download so it was the same price £21.99 ( last year ) when the account changed to the new one I immediately selected only 4 meg included, this was implemented at my next billing date to £17.99
so I escaped the charge that way Tongue altho thinking about it I suppose I still paid paid an extra £4 Evil altho I saved £10.99 :lol:
N/A

I dont see how (even if its a downgrade) you could be charged, unless your tied into a contract. Especially when the current product you own doesnt exist anymore lol.

I'd tell them to get lost and speak to one of the PN Staff who post on the forums instead.
N/A

Thanx for the replies guys, but I think I may well be leaving Plusnet soon anyway.

My so called downgrade has turned into a total nightmare. I even paid an extra £5 to be put on 8Mb early, and all that has happened is that BT's speed tester (when I can get it to work) reports a barely fair DSL speed, but hidden behind that are all the delays within Plusnet which give an actual speed of a few hundred bps, and they still prevaricate, and do nothing. Latest from Plusnet "it's my local exchange"!
link:censored, my local exchange may be slow, but it doesn't stop/start all the time, and it isn't responsible for all of the timeouts due to Plusnet's server delays and non-recognition of username/passwords.

I've even had a ticket outsanding for over two weeks, complaining that I can't log on to this Member Centre, without three attempts. They effectively say it doesn't exist, ignore me, then suddenly it rights itself. Now there's a thing. :?

Don't ever put in a ticket to Plusnet with more than one item on it. They will pick the easy one (for them) point to email and say "we know we had a problem (which of course we haven't fixed yet, but we ain't gonna tell you that)", and ignore all of the other issues. :roll:

Sale Of Goods Act anyone :!:

[Moderator's note by James - (sallyandjames): Attempt to bypass swear filter removed link:rules ]