cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlusNet TOTALLY blocking my torrent?

N/A

Hi,

My question is, are Plusnet blocking torrent download for Home Surf accounts? as in TOTALLY blocking it?

I cannot download any torrents even with 1000+ seeds. I did write a more indepth post about my setup but got an "Invalid Session" error on submission, I don't really have the time right now to type all that again but, I can assure you I have tried everything to make this work, everything at my end is setup 100% right.
7 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Yep, Home Surf accounts have always been non P2P accounts, in the past the blocking system was in effective. But Plus.Net has been improving it over the last few months.

Check the following page https://portal.plus.net/surf/

Chilly
N/A

Hi there,

P2P applications are not permitted with Home Surf Accounts. This was always the case when they were sold. See here for the archived details, courtesy of kitz.

In the past Plus Net did not enforce this rigorously, however more recently have been able to block such applications to bring the product within spec.

If you require P2P downloads I would suggest upgrading to Premier.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.
N/A

Yep, Home Surf accounts have always been non P2P accounts, in the past the blocking system was in effective. But Plus.Net has been improving it over the last few months.

Chilly

Hi there,

P2P applications are not permitted with Home Surf Accounts. This was always the case when they were sold. See here for the archived details, courtesy of kitz.

In the past Plus Net did not enforce this rigorously, however more recently have been able to block such applications to bring the product within spec.

If you require P2P downloads I would suggest upgrading to Premier.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad tidings.

Oh dear, and I have just referred someone to Plusnet too. They have gone for the annual subscription, which isn't totally setup yet, will they be able to cancel their subscription before it's too late?
N/A

Home surf accounts no longer exist. They were replaced in 2004 if I remember correctly.

The options now available are much more attractive.
N/A

Home surf accounts no longer exist. They were replaced in 2004 if I remember correctly.

The options now available are much more attractive.

Can you tell me which current accounts do not disable P2P programs? so I can figure out if they should cancel or not.

Thanks.
N/A

If the user requires P2P, I would recommend the Premier product at £21.99.

If their usage is not going to be great, ie 2 - 4 gb per month, then the Pay as you go products, from £14.99 might be an option.

it all depends on how much they will use their connection.
N/A

If the user requires P2P, I would recommend the Premier product at £21.99.

If their usage is not going to be great, ie 2 - 4 gb per month, then the Pay as you go products, from £14.99 might be an option.

it all depends on how much they will use their connection.

Ok, thanks for the info. I and my referral will simply get a new ISP. I can't belive I didn't already know my package disables P2P traffic.