cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pen Drive survives

Community Veteran

Pen Drive survives

Yesterday I lost My 128M Pen Drive and searched high and low with no sign of it anywhere.
I was begining to suspect that I had dropped it somewhere and it was lost forever.
Later that day My Wife shouted "is this what youve been looking for all day?"
"Ah yes I said, where on earth did you find it?"
"It was in the washing machine she replied, You must have left it in your trousers pocket"

I debated hard and long as to wether or not to plug it in to my PC? would it work?, would it damage my PC if there was water still in it?
I decided to put off the moment of truth until it had tme to dry out a bit and waited until this morning to plug it in to a USB port.

Wonderfully it does still work and seems to have suffered no ill effects from its wash.

So I now have the cleanest Pen Drive arround. :lol:
10 REPLIES
holdtight
Grafter

Pen Drive survives

Thats incredible what luck Cheesy

as i have been thinking about buying a pen drive and i
could not of read a better review in any magazine article
what make is it?
N/A

Pen Drive survives

Excelent. I keeop mine on my keys and very seriously doubt it would make it into the wash, without the person lifting them, breaking there back.

I currently have a Buffalo 1GB drive, which is about as plain looking as they some.

I am looking to getting a smaller one, possibly 16MB to 64MB, just for storing my security tokens on.

I also have my Trust Bluetooth adapter on my keyrings, which has been cunningly altered with a soldering iron Cheesy
Community Veteran

Pen Drive survives

what make is it?

Can't find the make on it?? I got it from Scan International but looking at their web site it doesnt show the type I have any more. Cry

It just says on it "Secure Pen Drive" "USB Hard Drive" and it came complete with a cradle with a usb lead so it can sit on the desktop and be perminently connected if need be.
holdtight
Grafter

Pen Drive survives

Thanks John! i will take a look on the scan site and have a good
look you never know, its a shame its not got anything written on it Sad
N/A

Pen Drive survives

lol, I have a freecom one, waterproof Smiley

as for scan...... just had an interview with them today, so heres hoping Smiley
N/A

Pen Drive survives

Shit i hope i dont leave mine in my pocket its 512 mb with mp3 feature to
N/A

Pen Drive survives

Yes, but if you listen to crap music, extreme17, then it's probably for the best! Wink
Community Veteran

Pen Drive survives

Hehe....

I found this article quite funny when I read it a few months ago - I know it doesn't talk about pen drives, but they do basically work off the same flash technology as the memory cards discussed in the article.

Thomas
N/A

Pen Drive survives

WOW.. lucky escape there!!!! I think ive used ours once... that was to transfer some music... i dont even know where it is!!!

Maybe your not as lucky as mu ex-mum in law... she washed all her holiday savings in error!!!! Luckily she managed to save all £300 of it... but there was money haning on radiators, hanging from a little drier thingy and she even ironed some of it!!! Brings a whole new meaning to money laundering!!!!!!
Community Veteran

Pen Drive survives

Hehe....

I found this article quite funny when I read it a few months ago - I know it doesn't talk about pen drives, but they do basically work off the same flash technology as the memory cards discussed in the article.

Thomas

Hmm I dont somehow think that the memory for my Mavica FD 81 camera would stand up to that sort of treatment :shock:
Floppies are not that tough Cry