cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password being remebered

N/A

Password being remebered

I have had a problem since I re-formatted my hard drive, I kept receiving the message - just before booting to the desktop - unabble to locate msnp32.dll.
If I pressed OK everything booted up correctly.

However, today whislt following a set of instruction on how to restore this file, I removed as an Option in "Control Panel/network/configurations" 'Microsoft Family Logon'.
Since then when I log onto the internet the 'Log On' dialogue box does give the option of remembering my password.
This is inconveinient as my PC is used by others in the family, and I do not want to give them the password.
Can any one assist in this re-instatement. Sad
5 REPLIES
N/A

Password being remebered

According to google, the file you have described is the "Network provider for Microsoft-Networks", so this probably explains the problems you are having as a result. Could you tell us which operating system you are using, as the method of replacing this file differs according to your OS.
N/A

Password being remebered

My Operating System is Windows 98.
Thanks for the quick response.
N/A

Password being remebered

According to a few google results, your best bet is to go into your network settings and remove the Client for Microsoft Network, and then readd it. Sorry I'm not using Win98, so I can't give you better instructions on where to find this, but it should be somewhere like Control Panel.

Perhaps someone else using 98 could help?
Community Veteran

Password being remebered

A right click on the dektop icon for networking will open a box.
Select properties and then you can remove and re-install the client for microsoft networks from there.
N/A

Password being remebered

John,
Thanks everything is now normal

Have a Happy New Year Cheesy