cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Palm Tungsten E PDA

N/A

Palm Tungsten E PDA

Looking at the spec's for the Palm Tungsten E PDA it would appear that the battery is non-replaceable, i.e. once its ability to hold a charge is gone, it's gone.

Does anyone know of an "unofficial" (or even "official") way to overcome this?

Also, can the Palm Tungsten E PDA have memory added to it (in the form of SD cards for example).

Any help greatly appreciated.
5 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Palm Tungsten E PDA

Ah-ha... someone else who has a vague interest in PDAs. Wink

To answer your questions...
1. You can't overcome the non-user-replaceable battery. And, as far as I know, there isn't a way you can get power into it, as it doesn't have the UC. What I can tell you though is that it trickle charges through USB... so if there's a computer nearby, just plug it into a USB socket to top it up a bit.
2. Yes, the Tungsten|E has a SD/MMC card slot.

Btw, from what I can see, the T|E is extremely good value for the money. I have a T|T3 myself, but in terms of value, the T|E probably beats the T|T3.

Thomas
N/A

Palm Tungsten E PDA

Thanks for that Thomas.

I think the charging requirement will simply be a matter of discipline/habit.

I've decided to invest.

(And would you believe it, I found one for it for just £140 (inc. VAT and p&p) here. At that price I don't see how I can go wrong.
Community Veteran

Palm Tungsten E PDA

Or you could take a look at Expansys.

Thomas
N/A

Palm Tungsten E PDA

Too late, the order's in.

The Expansys shop looks good mind. So long as you don't forget to include the delivery costs it looks like their prices may be competetive.
Community Veteran

Palm Tungsten E PDA

They are a very good source for well-priced accessories. They do things that are otherwise very hard to find outside of the US!

Thomas