cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PSU probs

N/A

PSU probs

Hi apart from usual probs with my pc, having trouble eliminating psu probs. should a psu Fan start, when connected to mains and switched on??
I have tried 3 and niether of them run,! have changes mains leads and fuses,the thing is ,one of the psus is new today!!! wierd or what, Im talking about psu connected to MB and not connected trying to cure big power up probs. thankx for any advice AB Smiley
4 REPLIES
LiamM
Grafter

PSU probs

Not sure what you're getting at to be honest. Could you try and be a bit clearer?

When the PSU is plugged into the mains, and the computer is switched off, it shouldn't spin.

When the PSU is plugged into the mains, and the computer is switched on, then it should spin.
N/A

ok

that helps, its obviously a faulty switch on pc then.cos when pc switched nothing happens,at all,even with all drives ect dissc.and tried 3 different psus.
N/A

PSU probs

Also, might as well check some other electrical equipment in same plus socket to double check the problem is not there.
Some PSUs have a 240/115v switch on them - cant imagine all 3 being set wrong but thats only other thing I can thing.
But previous post suggestion is most likely.
LiamM
Grafter

PSU probs

If nothing is happening when you switch on the PC, make sure the POWER_SW connector from the case is definately plugged into the right pins on the motherboard.