cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS2 problem!

lollerskates
Dabbler

PS2 problem!

Please help! I've had my network adapter for my PS2 for ages and haven't been able to get connected at all!

I use my adsl connection for my PC too so I have both my PC and PS2 connected to a modem/router all-in-one thingy-me-jig. I can use the adsl on my PC no problem, it's just my PS2 I'm having problems with. I'm pretty sure I've connected everything properly, what I may be doing wrong is entering the wrong info when setting up the err.... settings with the network disc. Can someone just please tell me the exact info I'm supposed to enter!? I've tried choosing automatic settings, I've tried manual settings I feel like I've tried everything but when I test the connection it fails at the first stage saying it couldn't access the network, it couldn't "bring up a connection". What am I doing wrong?

Oh yeah, my modem/router is plug 'n' play - I didn't need to configure it in any way for my PC so I assume it's the same for the PS2?

Please treat me like I'm clueless cos I am when it comes to all that DNS etc etc stuff. I've no idea about any of it!

Thank you so much to anyone who can help me!!!!
2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PS2 problem!

The first item we need to know is the make/model of the modem router thingy. There are several all-in-one products so without this we can't get far with helping.
lollerskates
Dabbler

PS2 problem!

haha, typical, I've been trying to get this to work for weeks and as soon as I ask for help on a forum I figure it out myself!

I had to enter everything manually - the DNS, the netmask, the gateway and IP address! Phew!

If anyone has this same problem try what I did - get the netmask etc info by going to START>RUN type in cmd and then when the command prompt comes up type ipconfig /all and hey presto!

Thanks anyway everyone!

*goes off to play XIII*