Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PS2 ICS DNS

jabb0
Grafter

PS2 ICS DNS

Hello,

I am tryin to connect my PS2 to the internet for online gaming.

I am using a computer connected to an ADSL modem - connected to a swtich which in turn connects to the PS2.

Running the diagnostic test on the connection says it is fine.

I am getting an error saying there is no response from the DNS server.

Any help much appreciated Smiley
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran

PS2 ICS DNS

KISS

You would be better off using a router, to remove all the complexity of the ICS and sharing the USB ADSL modem.

If there is one thing that unix has taught me, is use the right hardware.

Chilly
jabb0
Grafter

PS2 ICS DNS

well,this problem actually runs alot deeper - its my mates PS2, and he wants to run it off his brothers laptop which connects to the net using AOHell.

I have been informed we will need to use a AOHell router if we want to use a router.

so u see - im pretty screwed Sad

wud me magic (thats prolly a literal statement) if we cud get this to work Smiley

Hmm u think this will help?
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/309642
N/A

PS2 ICS DNS

setting the dns to

should solve the problem
jabb0
Grafter

PS2 ICS DNS

i have given up, tried again last night with ur new DNS info and now i get a new error msg - 613 (yes the next error in the list... the last was 612)

And at this moment in time im felling like ill have to go thru each item in the error list consequetivly till the end of time Sad

The solution for my friend is gonna have to be either get an aol router, or simply get rid of aol.

Like i have managed to setup the xbox 360 on xbox live, using a computer connected to my router wirelessly... its not like im a total nipple at all this stuff.

anyways AOL are bad, hmmmKay Tongue