N/A

PIONEER DVR-A06 any good???

hi, just got this sent to me in a newsletter

http://www.tomshardware.com/newsletter/vol3/35/pioneer.html

looks good

johnathan
N/A

I have the model below, cant remember the number off hand but its serving me well. Wish i'd waited a bit longer.... But i did get it for a good price from overclockers
N/A

Pioneer a06

Have had one for a few months now the only problems I have had is with cheap disks
Community Veteran

Cheap DVD/CD media can cause problems with many drives, they can also degrade much quicker and hence become unreadable quicker than premium brands so should not be used for long term archiving of data. While not an extensive test the following article gives some insight into this problem: CD-Rs deliver degrading experience

I used to use cheap media thinking it would save me money, in the end I had many problems and discarded alot of disks. Having switched to a good make those problems are long gone.

I almost exclusively use Imation (previously TDK) branded media and have not had many problems since both is writing and reading compatibility.

You know the phrase... you get what you pay for.

When was the last time you tried to read those old backup CDR'sHuh
phillight
Grafter

I've had mine since August, and it works fine. You might like to look at the A07 which can write DVD+/-R at 8x rather than the 4x of the A06.

Phil
willow147
Grafter

I've had mine for a while now and have had no problems except that Nero will only write DVD-R at 1x.