cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PDA email via GPRS?

N/A

PDA email via GPRS?

Hi,

I'm using setup with T68i, iPAQ 3970, Bluetooth & Vodafone GPRS connection. I can send mails fine from my +Net account on iPAQ but can't receive any?

Server info is entered as mail.plus.net for incoming and rely.plus.net for outgoing. Freeserve emails work ok on same setup. Any ideas
6 REPLIES
awbrown
Dabbler

RE: PDA email via GPRS?

> Hi,
>
> I'm using setup with T68i, iPAQ 3970, Bluetooth & Vodafone GPRS connection. I can send mails fine from my +Net account on iPAQ but can't receive any?
>
> Server info is entered as mail.plus.net for incoming and rely.plus.net for outgoing. Freeserve emails work ok on same setup. Any ideas

Exact same setup here - except I use IMAP, rather than download mail to PDA. Host for imap is of course imap.plus.net and outgoing relay.plus.net (Not rely as you have - or just a typo?)
N/A

PDA email via GPRS?

*BUMP*

Ok, I've now upgraded to iPAQ2210 and T610 with same Vodafone GPRS connection over bluetooth. Only this time I can receive incoming emails to the PDA but can't send! I've tried both the POP3 and IMAP settings but still no send Evil Checked spellings of servers etc which are ok.

Has anyone managed to get a similar config working with PlusNet account??

Cheers!

Note to mods, can you move this to Computers and Hardware forum, thanks!
Community Veteran

PDA email via GPRS?

Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 1

PDA email via GPRS?

Hi,

If you are connected via Vodafone GPRS then you won't be assigned one of our IP addresses. You can only send via our mail servers when connected to our network (except BT Broadband accounts).
The only thing I can suggest is to contact Vodafone and ask if they have an SMTP server you can use and change your outgoing server to that.
N/A

PDA email via GPRS?

Thanks guys. There are a couple of vodafone smtp servers that I can try. Will report back any success!
N/A

PDA email via GPRS?

SUCCESS!! Cheesy

Using mail.vizzavi.co.uk as the outgoing SMTP server worked. I can now send and receive PlusNet emails from my PDA & T610 via Bluetooth. Fantastic!

Thanks again.