cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P5B sata cable

N/A

P5B sata cable

can anyone help i purchased a P5b motherboard from dabs and it seems that you can't configure sata raid on the motherboard, the only way of configuring is to plug a drive into the raid sata connection and the other into the external sata connection but i would need to route an external sata cable from the drive bay out to the external connector.

The cable i need is, i believe, an I to L sata cable - does anyone know were i can get one ??

Regards

John Sad
4 REPLIES
N/A

P5B sata cable

If you plug the first drive into the SATA_RAID you should be able to gain access to the RAID settings in the BIOS.

Try and check here if there is anyway to enable the other onboard SATA plugs for RAID rather than using the external connections.

Also have you emailed the motherboards manufacturers for help?
N/A

sata

no ther's not, if i plug a sata drive into the raid connection the raid menu shows only one raid drive , pluging the other drive into sata 1,2,3,or 4 makes no difference all though it's detected in the bios.Cry
N/A

P5B sata cable

Have you tried both drives on Sata 0 and Sata 1 (red plugs) rather than using RAID_SATA?

I dont think your suppose to run off the SATA_RAID plug, that is there to activate the RAID BIOS I believe.

If this still doesnt work contact Asus and explain the problem. I am sure they will know.

If it is true that you can only use one inside and one outside then I suggest you take the board back and replace it for a Deluxe model. As far as I can see, they should included all the cables necessary for you to enable RAID, and if they havent its not worth the money you paid for it.
N/A

sata

P5B pirchased from Dabs who refuse to change it as it is opened however i have tracked down an esata3 cable thay should solve my problems.

Many thanks :lol: