cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Overheating Plug - D-link DSL-504 Router

N/A

Overheating Plug - D-link DSL-504 Router

Hey, I have a D-Link DSL-504 router and the router itself is fine, it's the plug I am concerned about, it seems to heat up quite a lot and makes a faint buzzing noise that u can hear if there is silence. Just wondering if this is normal.
5 REPLIES
Ianwild
Grafter
Posts: 3,835
Registered: 05-04-2007

Overheating Plug - D-link DSL-504 Router

Unless it gets too hot to touch then this isn't a big deal I don't think. At least, my router transformer gets above what you would describe as warm, but not what you would describe as boiling...
N/A

Overheating Plug - D-link DSL-504 Router

Col thanx dude that will ease my worries Cheesy
Community Veteran
Posts: 6,983
Thanks: 8
Registered: 10-04-2007

Overheating Plug - D-link DSL-504 Router

I have a D-Link 504 as well and like you I find the transformer / Plug runs hot.
I have had it running for several months now and this seems to be the norm.
As Ian says if you can still stand to keep your hand on it then it should be ok.
N/A

Overheating Plug - D-link DSL-504 Router

My 504 adapter also runs quite warm, so I guess this is normal for this particular model.

GM
edde
Dabbler
Posts: 21
Registered: 05-08-2007

Overheating Plug - D-link DSL-504 Router

Mine runs 24/7 and is currently 34C, they do run warm but should never be too hot to touch, if it is then there could be a prob!