cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook sending problem

Martynhr

Outlook sending problem

Can anyone out there help me!!

I cannot send e-mails using Outlook but I can using Outlook express.
I keep getting a message saying server timed out
I have a laptop and pc connected to a router, the laptop wirelessley and the pc hard wired.
The pc is running identical software to the laptop: Win XP, Norton Internet security 2005, and Office XP and will send and recieve emails fine.

| have so far checked all the setting in Outlook, and they are correct and I have tested the account settings within outlook I can connect to the incomming and outgoing server and even send and receive a test e-mail! I have checked communication with the Plusnet server and sent a test e-mail using Telnet in Windows sucessfully. I have scanned for viruses, removed spyware and checked the registry with Registry Mechanic but still I cannot send an e-mail.

Next I did a system restore to an earlier point where I knew I had been sending e-mails, no joy, so I removed Norton Internet Security, no joy, I reinstalled Office XP, no joy and finally formatted the hard drive at low level and reinstalled everything with still no joy!!!!
I have updated Office XP with service pack 3 and Windows with Service Pack 2, but still I cannot send an e-mail using Outlook but I can with Outlook Express.

Could it be hardware? I dont know
Am I losing my mind? I think so!
3 REPLIES
N/A

Outlook sending problem

Hi,

How have you got Outlook setup? I know when I setup outlook I had to tell it to work in internet mode. It's a long shot but it's an idea. Cheesy
Martynhr

Outlook sending problem

not sure what u mean by internet mode? Shockedops:
I have tried changing the connection settings to use ie or 3rd party dialer but to no avail.

Cry
mossgrove
Grafter

Outlook sending problem

I had a very similar sounding problem when I installed Kerio firewall. Outlook seemed to be running OK and the check account function was fine, but it wouldn't send or receive. I took out Kerio and installed Zone Alarm, and immediately the emails flowed freely. I believe the problem was to do with SPI in the firewall but I never followed it up properly. Perhaps your router firewall is blocking something?