cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook pst mapping

Rourkefamily
Grafter

Outlook pst mapping

Had to start afresh with my PC over the weekend.

Part of this was to reload Office. Reloaded by pst files but I cannot seem to link them in Outlook. I have dropped the pst into what I though was the default location but cannot link.
Does anyone know how to map to the pst from inside outlook. Help did not seem to help!
6 REPLIES
N/A

Outlook pst mapping

You don't say which version of Outlook you have. But in Outlook 2002 you would import the pst file into Outlook by clicking on:
- File
- Import or Export
- Import from Another Program or File
- Personal Folder File
and then select the pst file that you have to import.

I assume that other versions of Office work in a similar way.

Hope this helps.
p_w_d_stone
Grafter

Outlook pst mapping

I can confirm that every version of Outlook I have used works in the same way and that you'll need to import the PST file as ruslyn77 states.

Depending on the size of the file this may take some time.
N/A

Outlook pst mapping

Ii allways got to account setup and point the data file to the pst file you have. Its similar in an version of outlook
Rourkefamily
Grafter

Outlook pst mapping

Thanks Folks. All sorted.

Just need to sort my accounts! That is with Freeola though. I can receive emails but not send.
Rourkefamily
Grafter

Outlook pst mapping

Thanks Folks. All sorted.

Just need to sort my accounts! That is with Freeola though. I can receive emails but not send.
Plusnet Alumni (retired) orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Outlook pst mapping

If you're connecting to broadband with us just make sure the outgoing server is set to relay.plus.net (as opposed to smtp.freeola.net) and you should be fine sending mail.

Hope this helps,