cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook Problems

morgan2476
Grafter

Outlook Problems

I have no problem downloading emails, the problem is trying to open them. The whole program freezes. When I open task manager it states that outlook is not ressponding. The only change i have made is to remove zone alarm.
4 REPLIES
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Outlook Problems

Assuming you are using Outlook 2003 (not Outlook Express) have you tried using the Detect and Repair function under the help tab
N/A

Outlook Problems

Ahh.. ive had this a few times. If Jim's suggestion doesn't work, the only other way I've found of sorting this is to basically create a new user profile in windows.

Logged in as someone else, in c:\documents and settings, rename your "username" folder to something like "username.old", and then re-logon as yourself. Your userprofile will be recreated and outlook will now work properly.

You can copy your documents, *.pst's and *.oab files etc.. from your old user directory to your new one.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

Outlook Problems

Just as a comment - I have found Outlook 2003 to be the most horrible program for screwing itself up and being unfixable in any sensible fashion. The basic problem as far as I can tell is that Microsoft have integrated it so tightly into Windows/Office that it is almost unfixable in many cases.
morgan2476
Grafter

Outlook Problems

Hello - the problem sems to have been cured I don't know exactly what the problem was. Thanks to all who replied.