cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Outlook 2003 running slowly after Patch Tuesday

RobDickson
Grafter

I have Outlook 2003 installed on my PC, so got the Office 2003 update. Strangely, it arrived on Wednesday (a day after the Windows updates), and took ages (about 10-15 minutes) to install.

Since then, I have found that Outlook runs really slowly. The program itself seems OK, it just seems that it takes about 5-10 seconds for it to catch up with what I've typed. I don't find this problem with other applications (Firefox, IE, and OpenOffice).

Before I contact Microsoft, or try reinstalling Outlook, I just wondered whether anybody else has experienced this. I've tried searching the web, but haven't found anything yet.
3 REPLIES
RobDickson
Grafter

Looks like it's KB191768 that is causing the problem (see MS Forum).

The simple, short-term, solution seems to be to get Outlook to automatically start in Outlook Today, but, no matter where I look, I can't find this option.
Community Veteran
Fixes: 57

This is known problem - see my post here Despite trying the registry edits in this thread the problem still persists.
I have now changed to sending e-mails in rich test which may have solved it.
RobDickson
Grafter

Thanks for the post. I haven't tried changing the registry settings, but I have figured out how to make Outlook start in Outlook Today, and this seems to have solved the problem.