cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nvidia Graphic Drivers

N/A

Nvidia Graphic Drivers

I'm currently running a Ge Force FX5200. Last time I tried to upgrade the driver it caused no end of problems and I had to use the system restore. Can anyone give me some advice on the best way to find out which driver to install. I know there are a number of websites that 'claim' they can do it for a one of payment of $29.99. Does anyone have any experience of using one of these. Or is there a better option.

2 REPLIES
Community Veteran

Nvidia Graphic Drivers

What version of the drivers did you have a problem with?

Did you try (as Nvidia recommends) uninstalling the current drivers, switching to a generic windows driver and then installing the new Nvidia drivers.

Also did you look on your card manufactures support site for updated drivers specifically for your make/model?

I have a fx5200 and have not had any problems upgrading. I have tried later versions but have tended to stick with the 61.77 version as later drivers don't give any benefits to the 5200, but also I don't play many 3D games so any performance improvements would not be noticable anyway.
N/A

Nvidia Graphic Drivers

Thanks for the reply. I spent a while looking through the download tips on the Nvidia website and upgraded my driver. It all seems to work very well. I would imagine that last time I downloaded a driver I did something daft during the process.....Thanks again.