cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not receiving E-Mails after installing New Drive

N/A

Hi there

I've just fitted a new Maxtor SATA drive to my PC - configured it as the Boot Up drive and then X-Copied (using MaxBlast) from my old IDE boot-up drive.
Transfer went ok and no errors reported. But since then, I get a AGP device error which I can work around by using alternative drivers.
But what is worse is that I do not receive any e-mails! Outlook goes through the process of "downloading" e-mails, but does not actually download any e-mails from the servers. :?
I've sent test e-mails from gmail which are not received in any of the e-mail accounts in Outlook. I know I have e-mails to download as I can check via various web mail applications. I can send e-mails to gmail which are recieved straight away....but when I reply, that e-mail does not arrive in Outlook.

Anybody have any idea what is going on??

Any assistance is appreciated

Thanks in advance

Kevin
3 REPLIES
Community Veteran

I can only suggest completely deleting and then replacing the accounts in outlook to see if that clears the problem.
N/A

Thanks John

I've already re-installed Outlook and all of the accounts...still no-emails coming through.

I'll keep on trying - the good thing is that i can get my e-mails via webmail apps so I won't miss out on anything important.

Cheers
Community Veteran

Try disabling any software firewall or virus scanners temporarily in case the copy is not 100% and has affected them, and see if that helps.

Also try a manual connection to PlsuNets mail servers using Telnet. See Servers: Telnet as a Diagnostic Aid.