cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Not my week with pcs?

N/A

Not my week with pcs?

Right my mum wanted a laptop and i thought i cud network it. It has a 10/100 network card. It does wireless network and a 1394 network adaptor. There is the 10/100 bit as well but when u go 2 device manager the 10/100 has this on it (!) in yellow. U click on it and it says this device cant start. I have unistalled it updated driver and still the yellow ! mark it there

Any ideas why it wont work as i cant put the net on it

Thanks
6 REPLIES
N/A

Not my week with pcs?

What !!!
Has it got a normal 10/100 RJ45 network adapter, a wireless adapter and a 1394 Firewire adapter.. Huh
It is unlikely to have a 10/100 and a wireless adapter. Maybe Bluetooth, but not 2.4Ghz wireless as normally associated with networking.
You may have to disable one of the other adapters in BIOS to free up resources to allow the 10/100 to work.
N/A

Not my week with pcs?

I thought sumert like that. I am using the laptop now which is good but when i turn it off 4 sum time, i loose the local area network connection. Just see what happens
N/A

Not my week with pcs?

I disabled the 1394 connection and still it cant seem 2 work. I think its fucked
N/A

Not my week with pcs?

Laptops can and do have 1394, Lan, bluetooth and wireless in one box.

It's a bit backwards to say "lets put a wireless card in, then he can get onto a network".

Notebooks by the day are becoming the universal access tool. Designed to be as plug & play as possible with different infrastructures.

If the 10/100 refuses to start, then you either have the wrong drivers, the Bios has it disabled, the Bios needs flashing or is in some way locked or part of the board is damaged.

If it is still in wanretee, the fact you can't get it working using normal means, is good enough for them not to charge upon return. As such, get it booked in now.
N/A

Not my week with pcs?

I will keep going we it and then if no luk send it back thanks
N/A

Not my week with pcs?

Just bought a usb network card and it works. Thanks u guys 4 all ur surgestion