cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Nokia PC Suite and Outlook

RobDickson
Grafter

I've taken the plunge and bought MS Outlook, so that all my information is held in one place.

Anyway, I quite like the idea of synchronising the Nokia PC Suite with Outlook. The problem is - I only want to have my telephone numbers on my phone, not the e-mail addresses and postal addresses that are stored in Outlook.

Has anybody here synchonised the Nokia PC suite with Outlook? Is it possible to synchronise only partially?
4 REPLIES
RobDickson
Grafter

By the way, I know that I could just synchronise the Nokia PC Suite with Outlook myself to find out the answer to my question, but if it synchronised everything, then I'd have to spend ages deleting all the e-mail addresses and postal addresses off my phone.
arlehaven
Grafter

Hi there, the answer to your query is yes.
Assuming that you have your phone connected to your PC and both are talking to each other.
1. Open Nokia pc suite.
2. Select synchronise. (a link should now be made with your phone)
3. Pc Sync window should now open.
4. Select the properties button.
5. If you havn't already created a new configuration, select "new configuration" and select outlook to Sync with.
6. Follow through the wizzard and select only contact items to Sync with.
7. Then select only Names and numbers to sync.
8. At the end of the wizzard you will see an advance tab. select and you can now configure the direction in which you want to sync, Mobile to PC or PC to mobile or both directions. The choice is yours.
9. Click the OK button
10. Then click finish on the original open window.
Your config is now saved and these settings will always be used when you Sync until you change them.

*** If you have already set up your configuration***
In the PC Sync window, select properties, in tne next window select "advanced" and follow through the wizzard again making sure you only select "names and numbers" to back up.

I hope this helps you some what.
(These instructions are based on Nokia PC Sync Version 6.4.Cool
Earlier versions are slightly different but follow the same principle.
RobDickson
Grafter

Top man! Thanks for taking the time to write all that down.
RobDickson
Grafter

I'm sorry to come back to this subject after all this time, but I've forgotten all about synchronising my mobile with Outlook, and I now have lots of phone numbers on it that weren't in Outlook. I've copied and pasted them into Outlook, but I'm determined that I'm going to synchronise from now on.

I've looked again at the settings of the Nokia PC Suite, and can't see anywhere that I can select to only transfer names and numbers.

I'm using V6.82.21.0 - does anybody have any idea where I'm going wrong? I've looked through all the settings I can find, and can't find anything suitable. I bet this feature has been taken out of later versions.